- Brookes Publishing – Books on Education, Disabilities, Early Intervention, Mental Health, and Literacy
- Center on Human Development and Disability – CHDD Center
- Developmental Disabilities Council
- SEAS – Single Entry Access to Services for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Disability Rights Washington – Washington’s Protection and Advocacy System
- Whatcom County Developmental Disabilities Program
- The Arc of Whatcom County’s Lending Library
- Autism NOW – National Autism Resource & Information Center
- Autism Society of Washington
- Autism, What’s Next?
- Understanding Applied Behavior Analysis for Parents and Caregivers
- Family Resources from Seattle Childrens Autism Center
- Center for Children with Special Needs
- Parent to Parent
- Washington Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities
- Grief Resources
DDA (DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES ADMINISTRATION)
- Overview of Developmental Disabilities Administration
- What is DDA and why apply for services?
- How to Apply for DDA?
- The Road to DD Services: DDA Eligibility Flowchart
- DDA Waiver Services: What is available and how to find providers
- Special Education 101 Recording of Parent Coalition Workshop
- Tips for a Successful IEP Meeting – Recording of Parent Coalition Workshop
- Office of Education Ombuds (OEO) – assists anyone with questions or concerns about Washington’s K-12 public schools. Provides information, referrals, and toolkits.
- Wright’s Law – resource where parents, advocates, teachers, and attorneys come to for reliable information about special education law and advocacy for children with disabilities.
- Understood – lifelong guide for those who learn and think differently
- Whatcom County Transition Guide – Resources Directory for individuals with developmental disabilities in Whatcom County
Ask the Advocate: Financial Planning – Parent Coalition Workshop focusing on ABLE Accounts and the Developmental Disability Endowment Trust Fund
- Department of Social and Health Services, DSHS, Washington State
- Developmental Disabilities Administration (DSHS)
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DSHS)
- Social Security Online
- Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council
- The Washington State Legislature
- Health Point: Preparing for a Visit to Your Doctor
- Paying for Diapers with Provider One Medical Coverage
- The 18-Minute Doctors Appointment Challenge – Your appointment time is limited. Use these tips to get the care you need.
- Well-Visit Planner – Learn about and identify your priorities to prepare for your child’s next well-visit.
- The Arc of Washington State’s Take Action page – A variety of resources on state and national legislative issues
- Advocacy Day
- Budget and Policy Issues
- Hot Tips for Legislative Advocates
- Medicaid Services
- Reporting Requirements for Restraint of a Student
- NAMI Whatcom – NAMI Whatcom is an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – NAMI
- A Family Guide: Integrating Mental Health and Pediatric Primary Care (Published by NAMI)
PARENTS AND FAMILIES
- Childcare for CYSHCN
- Choosing a Caregiver Guide
- Fathers Network
- Helping Parent Match with Parent to Parent
- Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights – (PACER)
- Parent to Parent of Whatcom County
- Super Sitter Training
- Max Higbee Center – Recreation programs for teens and adults with developmental disabilities in Bellingham
- Open Doors Organization – Creating opportunities in travel and tourism
- AIROW Project – Community-based outdoor recreational activities
- Recreational Activities for Children with Special Healthcare Needs
- How to Access Respite Care – Learn about different resources and opportunities for respite in Whatcom County
- WWU Student Employment Website – Putting an ad on WWU’s Student Employment Center website can help you find a student who can come to your home to take care of and do fun activities with you child.
SAFETY & RELATIONSHIPS
- Teaching about Privacy
- Power & Control Wheel
- Parent Coalition’s Healthy Relationships Workshop from 10/21/21