Down syndrome Outreach Buddy Walk
The Buddy Walk® is a fun and rewarding opportunity to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome and celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does, or just want to show your support, your participation and generosity is greatly appreciated!
Anyone can be a buddy!
The Buddy Walk® was established in 1995 by the National Down Syndrome Society to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
Thanks to your support, our 13th Annual Whatcom County Buddy Walk will be held on Saturday, October 1st,
2016, 11am-2pm at Fairhaven Village Green. There will be a 1-mile walk in beautiful Fairhaven, and all ages and abilities are invited to participate.
Your registration includes dancing and live music, a Buddy Walk t-shirt, lunch, silent auction and activities for families to enjoy.
In order to reduce waste and expenses this year, Buddy Walk t-shirts will ONLY be guaranteed with pre-registration by September 9th. You can always register at the event, but t-shirts will NOT be guaranteed with registration after September 9th.
Instructions for online registration:
- Click the link below.
- Choose your registration type by selecting the down-arrow (child, adult, or person with Down syndrome) and click “Add to Cart”.
- Choose your t-shirt sizes by selecting the down-arrow. UPDATE 9/12/16: Online registration will remain open until September 29th. Registrations received before September 9th are guaranteed shirts. For registrations received after September 9th, t-shirts will be first-come, first-served at the event.
- Select “Go to Checkout” and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select Pay Now, then enter your payment and team information and Submit Order.
If you encounter any issues with our registration system, please email email@example.com with a brief description of the problem. Thank you!
Form a Team
A team is a great way to show support, raise money, and increase participation for the Buddy Walk. Your team can consist of family, friends, co-workers… anyone who wants to get involved and be inspired!
- Use the link above to register online.
- OR Download and print the REGISTRATION FORM. Return completed forms with payment via cash or check to The Arc at 2602 McLeod Rd, M-F, 9am-12pm.
- Use this PLEDGE FORM to raise support. Or, you can send your team sponsors to the registration page to make their contribution online.
If you would like to pick up materials, please visit our office at 2602 McLeod Rd, M-F, 9am-12pm.
Down syndrome Outreach is a volunteer committee of family members and compassionate friends. For a rewarding experience and the opportunity to help your community, contact Makenna, The Arc’s Volunteer Coordinator, to learn about volunteer opportunities or to sign up as a volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-715-0170, ext. 205.
Encourage friends and family to join you!
See photos from the 2015 walk HERE.
The Buddy Walk is co-sponsored by Bellingham Parks and Rec.