The Parent to Parent of Whatcom county programs provide emotional support and information to families of children with developmental disabilities, delays, and ongoing health care needs. Some of their services offered include:
- Emotional support for parents of children with disabilities and chronic illnesses
- Information and referrals to community resources
- Trained Helping Parents whose parenting experiences match yours as closely as possible
- Social and recreational events
- Current information on disabilities, medical conditions and community resources
The Parent to Parent (P2P) program gives support for families of children with developmental disabilities.
Tuesday, March 18, 6-8pm at The Arc’s Dan Godwin Community Center, 2602 McLeod Rd
Join us for this workshop designed to expand your knowledge and get your questions answered by an experienced advocate. Topics will include: power of attorney, guardianship, special needs trusts and adult services.
Supervised care for family members is available if you RSVP by March 14: 715-0170 ext. 303, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The guardianship information helped me tremendously. I talked with Beverly at The Arc and filled out all the Planning Tools in the Future Planning Guide. I brought the completed forms to my first appointment with the attorney and she was very impressed! Thanks to The Arc’s support and the Future Planning Guide, my appointment with the attorney was short and sweet.
– Mother of 21-year-old with autism
The Parent to Parent (P2P) Support Group meets the 2nd Monday of each month from 7-8:30 pm at The Dan Godwin Community Center, 2602 McLeod Road, Bellingham. Meet with other parents and professionals to get the support you need. Child care is available by RSVP’ing the Friday prior to the meeting. For more information or to RSVP: 360-715-0170, ext. 302 or email@example.com
Upcoming Support Meetings:
- September Support Meeting – Monday, September 10, 7-8:30pm Topic: Back to School Q&A
- October Support Meeting – Monday, October 8, 7-8:30pm Topic: Creating Supports for your Special Needs Child and Family
*Meeting held at The Arc’s Dan Godwin Community Center unless otherwise noted.