Advance Care Planning: For family members, caregivers and community members
Tuesday, April 21, 6-8pm
The Arc’s Dan Godwin Community Center
2602 McLeod Rd, Bellingham
If you don’t want to talk about dying, you’re not alone. Decisions about end of life care are deeply personal and can be difficult. These decisions may be complicated by concerns involving disabilities. Putting your wishes in writing is an empowering act and ensures that your choices and decisions will be honored. You’re invited to join us to start the conversation and face these issues together.
At this workshop participants will learn:
- Why Advance Care Planning is important for you and/or your family member with developmental disabilities
- How to choose someone to be your Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care (your Health Care Agent)
- How to talk to your loved ones and doctors about preferences for end-of-life care
- How to complete and file your Advance Directive paperwork
This workshop is presented by staff and trained volunteers through Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) End-of-Life Choices.
(360) 715-0170 x 303, or email@example.com
Supervised care for family members is available if you RSVP by April 16th.
Your Child’s Medical Home is a “home base” for your child’s health care needs.
Learn about and identify your priorities to prepare for your child’s next well-visit.
The Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) is dedicated to promoting access to health care services for all members of our community. They do this by:
- Providing resources to those who need assistance getting health care or obtaining health insurance
- Providing information to elected officials and decision makers about health care policies
- Convening community stakeholders
- Facilitating the transformation of the health care system into one that honors and serves our entire community
This document discusses how to make the most of your time at a doctors appointment.
This document will give information on what to do before, during and after an appointment. It also provides a form for your next appointment.